Hello, I'm Nikki and I am the artist and creative entrepreneur behind Lavender and Sea. I am based in beautiful San Diego, California. I've always had a knack for most things artistic and when my friend invited me over to have a glass of wine and try calligraphy, I was overjoyed to learn a new skill. Fast forward to today and here I am... feeling so blessed to do something I love so much.
A few more things about me .......
- I LOVE coffee (probably no surprise there)
- I watch at least one episode of The Office almost every single day. It's my go-to show to have in the background while I work. Michael is just so funny... I can't resist.
- Being outside in the wilderness feeds my soul.
- Early Mornings are my jam - I love the light, the quiet, the calm, the smell of coffee brewing... It all makes for a great start to a day.
- I put hot sauce on everything. Green Tabasco is my favorite.
- I love making cocktails for my friends and family (and myself obviously!). In fact, whenever there’s a birthday in the fam, that person gets custom cocktails made just for them with a custom cocktail sign. FUN right?!
What Do I Do?
I get this question a lot. I am a Calligrapher, a Chalkboard Artist, a Watercolor Artist, an Illustrator… basically if there is something you want done in the field of art just ask! Because it’s possible that I can do it! I’ve produced items as small as a name in calligraphy on a tiny place card to large size chalkboard menus for bars! The possibilities are endless :)
Behind the Name... Lavender and Sea
I chose to name my company Lavender and Sea because of my affinity for both. Lavender is soothing and has a beautiful fragrance, in fact I use Lavender oil every night before I go to bed. I even have a dried bunch I keep in my office! Sea, because... who doesn't love the sea?! I live in San Diego and the ocean is part of your soul here. Plus, the curls and dips of calligraphy remind me of the rhythm of the sea.